Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Ride a Blue Ruby..That's How I Got Here



So here it is: my first blog entry. I’ve always wanted to launch a blog but never had the time until recently when I became unemployed. Now I have more free time than I ever wanted (seriously).



The toughest part of launching BlueRubyRider was deciding what to blog about. I kept going back and forth about my passions, my interests and even my dislikes. The one thing that I kept coming back to was cycling. I didn’t have to dig too deep to realize that this is the one thing in my life that I can speak about from the heart and somehow find a way to relate it to just about anything.



For me it’s a lifestyle that requires the motivation to work harder with every ride, the patience to train to a fitness level that builds endurance and the willingness to suffer for the sake of results. On top of everything it fosters an unconditional bond of friendship and support I have found between fellow cyclists who have become amazing friends.

My commitment to cycling has served as a positive influence in most areas of my life. It has helped me develop mental toughness; it helps keep me focused, boosts my confidence and provides a sense of optimism when it’s hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. It sometimes poses harsh realities because like life cycling has its ups and downs. Metaphorically speaking, not every ride is smooth, turns are missed and some hills are harder to climb than others. But the hills get easier after you’ve climbed a few and you always find yourself on the right road.

When I fall I get back on my Blue Ruby and do it again.

Stay tuned for my next post. Suggestions for future posts are welcome.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your blog. many happy rides, will be thinking of you on my rides while listening to PJ. I find the Kowatice bootleg to be the best mix for a long enduring ride, and finish with a bang. JMO. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I can't listen to music while I ride. Most of my rides are pretty hard and with a group. But I have to admit I listen to PJ bootlegs before I ride. Great for the warm up.

    ReplyDelete